see instructional video below
J E U N E B E A U T E H O M E S P A :
T H E M O R O C C A N E X P E R I E N C E
IMPORTANT: BEFORE YOU START
A FEW WORDS OF WISDOM: The Moroccan Spa / Bath does more than ridding the skin of oils and dirt. It is a ritual that helps both the body and soul to heal after a long week of work and other activities. To achieve best results, it is important to set aside 2-3 hours of free time where you can relax and enjoy this exuberant experience to the fullest and get a soft and beautiful skin with a fresh rosy scent.
Spa Preparation. Fill the bathtub with warm water and soak in for 15 to 20 minutes to soften your skin. Alternatively, use the shower to fill the room with warm steam and soak your skin under the warm shower for a few minutes.
1. Please be advised to use common sense before, during and after you use these spa instructions
2. Consult with your health care professional before you follow these instructions, especially if you have a medical condition.
3. Water temperature: while we recommend that water in the bathtub should be as warm as your skin can tolerate, it is ultimately you who decides the best temperature. You should not subject yourself to burning hot water. This will cause you unnecessary harm and will not improve the desired results.
4. If you have allergies: While our products are natural and we do not use chemicals in preparing these products for the market, it may be a good idea to first test our products on a small hidden area of your skin, like the bottom of your foot.
5. Do not use our products if you have any of the following medical conditions:
i. open wounds anywhere in your body as a result of cuts, surgeries, childbirth or any other reason,
ii. a medical condition such as heart or breathing problems that may be aggravated by water steam, heat, soap, etc.
6. If you experience shortness of breath, elevated heart beat, or any discomfort seek medical help immediately.
7. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water while you are enjoying the spa and after you are finished.
P R O D U C T I N F O & I N S T R U C T I O N S F O R U S E
1. S O A P
B L A C K M O R O C C A N S O A P
Jeune Beaute’s Black Soap is imported from Morocco and is made using traditional, time-tested methods with ground black olives and olive oil as the main ingredients. Unlike regular soap, Moroccan soap uses potassium hydroxide instead of sodium hydroxide, and the mixture is heated to create its characteristic soft gel or paste-like consistency. Since we do not use chemical additives such as bonding chemicals (which are used to solidify soap), the consistency of our soaps may vary from running liquid to thick paste. Regardless of its consistency, our soap does not lather or foam like regular soap, but its effect is nothing short of magical.
Olive oil, the main ingredient in Jeune Beaute’s olive oil-based Black Soap products, has many known and time-tested benefits. Below are some of these benefits.
1. Moisturizes Skin. Black Soap is made from black olives and olive oil. Olive oil is rich in Vitamin E which is an antioxidant that protects the skin from cancer-causing radiation from the sun. It also reduces skin inflammation and acne, and protects from psoriasis vulgaris, a serious condition that causes skin lesions, scaling and itching.
2. Has Anti-Aging Properties. Olive Oil based Black Soap helps delay common signs of skin aging such as wrinkles and sagging.
3. Heals Cracked Heels. Cracked heels is a common skin conditions in women and men. Olive oil in Black Soap will help heal this condition following the use of Jeune Beaute’s natural Volcanic Pumice Stone to scrub off dead skin.
4. Helps Remove Makeup. Virgin olive oil is an easy and comparatively cheap alternative to market brands.
5. Keeps Hair Healthy. Vitamin E-rich olive oil used in Black Soap has been shown to help fight hair loss, reduce scalp irritation and maintain a healthy-looking hair.
How to Use Black Soap
1. Black Soap Application. Rub 1-2 table spoons of black soap into your hands with some water until it turns white. It is best to do this in small portions at a time.
Please note that our soap is made of the purest olive oil and does not have any chemical additives, such as bonding agents that keeps soap consistency uniform. Therefore, the consistency of our soap will vary and range from heavy paste to thin liquid. The soap properties and effectiveness, however, remains the same. Unlike common soaps. Black Soap does not create foam.
Massage the now white soap lather on your face and body and leave it on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes. AVOID EYE AREA.
2. Exfoliation (Scrubbing).
i. Rinse off the soap with warm water.
ii. Use Jeune Beaute's exfoliating LEEFA (see SCRUBS below) to rub off the dead skin and oily dirt. Be gentle: these scrubs can leave scratching marks on your skin if not used gently.
iii. Rinse body with warm water.
iv. Feet. Scrub the dead skin off your feet with Jeune Beaute's natural Volcanic Pumice Stone#. If you have not used this product before, your feet may feel smooth after several uses.
3. Wash your entire body with Jeune Beaute's all natural olive oil soap# and rinse with warm water.
4. Dry skin with a warm towel.
5. Spray Jeune Beaute's Rose Water on your skin while it is still warm#
6. Moisturize with the Jeune Beaute's all natural Hand & Body Lotion.
# some components mentioned here are not available in all products but may be purchased separately.
N A B U L S I S O A P
Nabulsi soap is 100% natural, made of pure olive oil. It is hand-made manufactured in the city of Nablus in the Holy Land, in the same traditional way it has been made for many centuries. The soap does not produce much foam and has an earthly raw olive-like odor. Nabulsi soap is traditionally used by rubbing it against a wet Leefa, then rubbing the Leefa against the skin.
After use, make sure the soap is stored in an open dry place.
T U R K I S H S O A P
Store Turkish soap after use in an open and dry place. The decorative canister may be used for storing jewelry or other accessories. Do not use the canister to store wet soap.
2. B L A C K M U D
Jeune Beaute’s mud masks originate from the Atlas Mountains in North Africa. The mud comes as thick dry flakes but are further refined and sifted in Jeune Beaute’s facility to produce a luxurious, silky fine powder that is perfect for use as a natural soap or shampoo, skin and hair conditioner and face cleansing agent. Jeune Beaute’s mud masks come in two primary forms: Plain (with no supplements) and with HerboTherapy100™, a unique mixture of exotic herbs that compliments the mud with nutrients and vitamins known to have a nourishing effect on the skin. The HerboTherapy100™ mix is carefully balanced and is derived from traditional Moroccan Hammam (Bath) recipes. Black mud may be used as a Face Mask, Facial Scrub, Whole Body Mask and Hair Mask (a natural Shampoo & Conditioner).
1. Nourishes Skin. Black Moroccan mud is rich in minerals that are essential to skin softness and elasticity. These include Zinc, Copper, Potassium, Magnesium, Sodium, Manganese and the trace metal Selenium. The herbal mix in our HerboTherapy100™ is also rich in vitamins that nourish and contribute to the health and beauty of the skin.
2. Exfoliates Dead Skin. Black mud has an abrasive texture that allows scrubbing off dead skin cells, resulting in a soft and smooth skin.
3. Cleanses and Shrinks Skin Pores. Due to its net negative electric charge, Moroccan mud binds efficiently to the positively-charged skin impurities which are washed off during a bath or shower. It also shrinks large skin pores.
4. Detoxifies Skin. In addition to removing dirt, oil and sebum, Black Moroccan mud also removes toxins from skin pores thus help preventing pimples, acne and blackheads.
5. Fights Dandruff. Black Mud helps scrub (exfoliate) dead skin remove excess sebum accumulation on the skin which consequently prevents dandruff.
6. Reduces Skin Irritations. It also helps reduce common skin irritations such aseczema and psoriasis.
7. Natural Shampoo and Conditioner. Black Moroccan mud has a cleansing and conditioning properties that make the hair soft, silky and manageable.
8. Softens Rough (bumpy) Skin.
How to Use Moroccan Black Mud
For best results we recommend using the Facial Mask as part of the weekly Moroccan Spa ritual during or after using the Black Soap & exfoliating scrubs.
1. Use the measuring spoon to add one to two tablespoons of the Moroccan Mud to the mixing bowl.
2. Prepare the mud mask paste:
i. for Plain Black Mud: Add Rose Water, one spoonful at a time and mix using the mixing spoon. Consistency of the mud paste should be neither thin nor thick. The paste should not drip down when applied, if it does add a little more mud. If it is too thick, add a few more drops of Rose Water. Mix well.
ii. for Black Mud with HerboTherapy100™: Use hot water instead of Rose Water. The hot water will extract the essential oils from HerboTherapy100™ mix. Do not prepare more than you need for one mask: the unused portion cannot be used later. Do not apply to skin until the paste cools down to a comfortable temperature.
3. Wash face with Jeune Beaute's natural Olive Oil-based Soap# and rinse with warm water. Olive oil will keep the skin hydrated and nourish it with anti-oxidants and vitamin E.
4. Apply the mud paste on the face, avoiding the eye area, using the spatula or the application brush#.
5. Allow the paste to sit for 15-20 minutes. Do not allow to dry. If the paste starts to dry out, re-hydrate using the Rose Water sprayer, avoiding the eye area.
6. Wash off with warm water and dry with a warm towel.
7. Spray rose water on your skin while it is still warm.
8. Moisturize with Jeune Beaute's all-natural Hand & Body Lotion.
# some of these items are not available in all kits and can be purchased separately
3. S C R U B S
LEEFA (aka Loufa, Loofa, Lufa) is a natural plant product (fruit) that has been used for centuries in the Middle East and other parts of the world as a skin cleanser and scrubber. Jeune Beaute's LEEFA comes in three forms: a hand sized LEEFA for use on the skin, a back scrubber with handles and a small facial cleansing disc.
Before first use, soften the LEEFA by soaking in warm water for 15 minutes. Wash the LEEFA under running water and use on face, body and back as directed.
Please note: Do not use the LEEFA when it is dry as it may leave scratch marks on the skin.
LEEFA works best with soap. The soap may be applied on the skin, or for best result by rubbing the soap directly on the wet LEEFA.
Care: After each use, rinse the soap off the LEEFA and place in a bowl of boiling water. When the water is cool remove the LEEFA, strain and hang to dry. Do not store wet LEEFA in closed containers as fungus may start growing on it. Replace the LEEFA after two months of use (15-20 uses).
ii. PUMICE STONE
Pumice is a natural volcanic porous stone that ranges in color from brown to grey and black. Jeune Beaute’s Pumice Stone hard and abrasive, and is mined in Morocco. It is used on rough areas that has a lot of dry, dead skin, particularly the feet. It must be used gently but firmly, otherwise skin scratches or even bleeding may result.
The proper use of Pumice Stone starts toward the end of the bath routine when the feet have been softened by prolonged soaking in warm water. Rub the bottom of your feet gently back and forth to remove dead skin. When finished with the bath, dry your feet with a towel and apply one of Jeune Beaute’s natural lotions. Cover your feet with socks overnight. You will have clean, smooth and beautiful heels in the morning. Wash the stone under running water and allow to air dry.
If you are using the Pumice Stone for the first time you may need two or more bath sessions before you see the desired results.
Wash the Pumice Stone under running water after each use and allow to air dry. Store in a dry, open (uncovered) place.
4. L O T I O N S
All of Jeaune Beaute's lotions are natural and contain a blend of plant based ingredients such as Soy, Jojoba, Coconut and Palm extracts. Scented lotions are supplemented with natural essential oils such as jasmine and rose water. Our lotions spread easily and do not leave a greasy feed after they are absorbed through the skin. They are great for all types of skin provides dry skin with moisture and nourishment.